When do I need to get a permit?
A permit is required to construct, enlarge, alter, move or demolish any commercial or residential structure. For example:

  • Add a room
  • Add or remove a carport, garage or a shed more than 200 square feet in area or over 10 feet in height
  • Cut a new window or door opening, or widen existing openings
  • Move, remove or add walls
  • Install a commercial fence

What information do I need to apply for a permit?

  • Address and legal description of the property
  • Description of the work proposed
  • Owner's name, address and phone number
  • Contractor's name, address, phone number, state license number, CCB number, and City of Troutdale or Metro business license number
  • Four sets of construction drawings for commercial projects (and if applicable one has to be a full wet and signed set
  • Two sets of construction drawings for residential projects


This Page Was Last Updated October 30, 2017

Find Us On Facebook City Of Troutdale