Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a Troutdale Business License?
Anyone doing business within the city limits of Troutdale must have a City of Troutdale Business License. Depending on the type of business you have, you may also be required to submit one of the following Supplemental Applications:

  • Peddler/Solicitor Application ($5 per peddler/solicitor)
    This supplemental license is required in addition to a City of Troutdale Business License if you plan on traveling to and from residences and businesses and offering for sale, selling, or taking orders for goods or services. Please complete the Supplemental Peddler/Solicitor portion of the Business License Application (located on page two of the Business License application form) and submit it along with the appropriate fees ($5 per peddler/solicitor) to: City of Troutdale, 219 E. Historic Columbia River Hwy Ave., Troutdale, OR 97060.
  • Property Rental Application
    If you lease or rent out 3 or more properties you must obtain a City Business License and complete a Supplemental Property Application. Click HERE to download the application.

How do I get a City of Troutdale Business License?
Contact Troutdale City Hall at 665-5175 or, by email, to have an application mailed to you. Fill out the application and return it to: 219 E. Historic Columbia River Hwy Ave., Troutdale, OR 97060 along with the appropriate Business License fees. The Troutdale Business License Application can also be downloaded online- click HERE.

What is a Metro License?
You are eligible to get a Metro licenses if:

  • Your business is registered with the State of Oregon Construction Contractors Board or Landscape Contractors Board
  • Your business is licensed in each jurisdiction in which the business has an office
  • Your business is licensed in each jurisdiction in which the business does more than $250,000 business on an annual basis

The license is valid for one year from the date of acceptance and allows a builder or landscaper to conduct business in the following cities:

Beaverton, Cornelius, Durham, Fairview, Forest Grove, Gladstone, Gresham, Happy Valley, Hillsboro, Johnson City, King City, Milwaukie, Lake Oswego, Oregon City, Maywood Park, Rivergrove, Sherwood, Tigard, Troutdale, Tualatin, West Linn, Wilsonville, and Wood Village.

If you have more questions on obtaining a Metro License, contact Metro at 503-797-1710.


This Page Was Last Updated November 26, 2016

Find Us On Facebook City Of Troutdale