Patent Lawyer; Electrical Engineer
Juris Doctor, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
I have worked as a patent lawyer for most of my career, 27+ years. My current job is in-house Patent Counsel for Sharp Laboratories of America, Inc., a high-tech research company located in Camas, Washington. Previously, I worked as a research engineer and an electric utility regulatory consultant, among other things.
Government - Volunteer Experience
- Troutdale City Council: 1993-2008 and 2010 to present
- Troutdale Planning Commission Chair 1991-1993 and 2010
- Troutdale Parks Advisory Committee
- Downtown Troutdale Task Force
- Board member and past president of the Troutdale Historical Society
- Co-chaired the Troutdale 100-year Celebration Committee
- Represented Troutdale, Fairview, and Wood Village on the Metro Policy Advisory Committee
- Represented Troutdale on the East Multnomah County Transportation Committee
- Oregon Energy Facility Siting Council - appointed by Governor Kitzhaber, re-appointed by Governor Kulongoski
- Oregon Hanford Cleanup Board - appointed by Governor Kulongoski and I continue to serve
Please contact me with your ideas or concerns; I am always available and want to hear from citizens, or anyone interested in Troutdale. My goal as a city councilor is to help keep Troutdale the greatest place to live and work.
Troutdale is a beautiful city with a desirable location and unique history. Probably our biggest challenge today is maintaining and enlarging out tax base, to keep Troutdale fiscally strong. We must attract new businesses and homes, and do it in a way that complements what is good about our city. In addition to economic development, I urge citizens to join me in keeping Troutdale safe through support of our police, and keeping Troutdale green through support of parks and greenspaces.
We can accomplish a lot by working together! If you want to contact me, my e-mail address is next to my name, above, or call city hall at 503-665-5175, or my home 503-666-8462.
Councilor David Ripma