473 E. Historic Columbia River Hwy, Troutdale, OR 97060
Located off East Columbia River Highway, this 2.25 acre park lies adjacent to the Union Pacific Railroad and Beaver Creek. The Troutdale Rail Depot was originally constructed by the Union Pacific Railroad, and was rebuilt in 1907 after a fire. By 1976 the Depot was derelict and was threatened with demolition, so the City purchased the Depot from the Union Pacific Railroad for $1 and the structure has been restored. It was relocated onto this site from its original location on the railroad tracks 1-1/2 blocks west. Facilities at the park include the depot, which is now a railroad museum; a parking area; and a picnic spot and viewpoint along Beaver Creek. The Historical Society was given a caboose in 1999 that they placed next to the depot building. There is also a boxcar located on the site.
Copyright © City of Troutdale