Glenn Otto Community Park
1102 E. Historic Columbia River Hwy, Troutdale, OR 97060
This 6.38 acre park is the most heavily used park in the Troutdale park system. Access to the site is off East Columbia River Highway. It is bordered by the Sandy River on the east, Beaver Creek on the west, and a few residential properties on the south.
Mr. Glenn Otto served the City of Troutdale for many years as a Planning Commissioner, City Councilor, and Mayor. During his tenure of service to the City he negotiated the purchase of Troutdale's first park site located along the banks of the Sandy River and provided leadership in the creation and improvement of the park.
The City of Troutdale wanted to honor Mr. Otto's illustrious career of devoted service to the City and his vision and guidance in acquiring and developing the riverside park site, so the name of the park was changed from Troutdale Community Park to Glenn Otto Park in 1995.
Facilities at the park include a caretaker's home, meeting hall, swimming beach, riverfront access, restroom building, picnic area, children's playground, and an open play area.
The Sam Cox Building and the covered picnic areas can be reserved for parties, picnics, etc., by contacting the Reservation line at 503-674-7297.
Copyright © City of Troutdale